The More We Get Together

Numerous farewell breakfasts, lunches and dinners have taken place over the last few weeks (and gawd, I AM putting on a lot of weight before leaving for Owase). I felt loved, and guilty after that - considering how much fat and sugar I've consumed.
To my friends who took the effort to organise the outings and meet up - THANK YOU guys, I appreciate what you've done. The world is now a smaller place with the aid of the Internet, so do keep in touch, and I'll miss ya all.

Some pics of some of the gatherings we had. Admittedly I missed out some pix (I might have got too excited or had forgotten the camera :-))






With the i.MAGE alumi at Blue Ginger, a peranakan restaurant along Tanjong Pagar Road.









At Margarita's with Jennifer. My primary school mates and I have been talking about going to Margarita's for eons and that night, Jen and I FINALLY did it.

My favourite Bat Kut Teh meal at Joo Chiat road, with Mun Thye and Mary.

Prawn mee with Julia at Khatib
My favourite nasi padang at Changi Airport Terminal 1, with David. Obviously David was more interested in the food and his handphone, than me the cameraman. :)



Digging into mouth-watering crabs at Eng Seng with my primary school mates, after a one-hour queue. Once again, we've been wanting to visit Eng Seng (for a decade. can you believe it?). I guess my departure provided an impetus for everyone to make this dream a reality.

Yummy yam-paste at Hiang Swa Restaurant (Bedok). It was a marvellous authentic, teochew dinner with my family. I'm proud to be a teochew, and I lurrrve teochew food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modified Mee Pok dry in Owase?

Kyushu & Shikoku Travels – 熊本市 (Kumamoto) & 阿蘇山 (Mount Aso or Asosan)

Ueno Tenjin Matsuri!